Translate

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Running away

Lorrainenur001

I am a fleer! I admit it! I cannot tolerate any discomfort to my soul. Anything that gets me down, anything that starts to upset me and there seems no solutions , just endless arguments , gets me …fleeing!

What I mean by running away, is not because I am afraid to face issues. I just have issues with negativity. To totally eradicate it, I flee from circumstances that have no viable solutions. I then have the “stop fleeing “ button, when I see there can be a solution. I know it will take energy and time to produce the desired positive effect, than I take a deep breath, say a prayer to fortify my soul, and start slowly to rebuild.

Nothing is actually difficult to compromise, when we shelve ego. Seriously, when we learn to agree to disagree, respect others’ views, learn to appreciate and understand others’ concepts, we learn to achieve dynamic peace in life.

There are many times, this is unachievable, and with people that really matter, we can come close by showering love and acceptance , for that is who they are. Different personality traits may clash, ideas may clash, still when we learn to respect, we can accept and conform, as long as it does not go against good principles, values and morals.

Toleration is an important ingredient to acquire. Imagine being in a shop, where we can buy these characteristics, life would be so simple. There are some things money just can’t buy! So, we have to learn and apply self improvement methods.

Now, being a fleer, is not a bad thing. It avoids so many conflicts and in some cases and is a big win overall. One thing I found though, as a fleer of negative situations, I am in total control of myself, so I flee by choice. Inadvertently, what makes me choose to flee, are acts of disrespect, rudeness, inability to comprehend,selfishness, choosing to be difficult and the like; which create an uncomfortable feeling in my heart.I actually get so caught up in trying to understand the “why’s” till I cause myself to have shortness of breath and a dull pain in my chest! I flee when I face adults with these characteristics and I have no problem evicting them from my personal space, for health reasons!

In the case of children, I cultivate a better habit by facing the challenges of moulding better adults by showing better options ,words and motivating better speech with intelligence and treating them as little adults with their own rights.I find it most satisfying when we succeed to overcome those negativities, with love, communication, understanding and mutual respect. As a role model, I do hope that will create better adults in the future.

How then as adults did we become so rigid? Something to reflect on.

Peace, Love & Light

~Lorraine Nur~

No comments: