Translate

Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Tears of missing the Haramain



And Allah The Most Knowing and All Hearing knows all.


As I watch the very few people circumbulating the Holy Shrine of prophets Abraham and Muhammad (may peace and blessings of Allah be upon them both and their progeny), the Ka’abah, I feel my soul move, and tears begin to well up. 

I pray that this fear pandemic will stop. I pray to be able to visit there once more. I remember my last trip there. 

I see that people are behaving with respect. I don’t see people rushing in their devotion. I don’t see people grappling to touch the Hajar Aswad.

I believe it is this time when people are supposed to learn the better ways of behavior. I realise that is the lesson of this pandemic. That humans will take the time to slow down, remember God’s graciousness and mercy. That people are supposed to learn to help and look out for one another rather than be enemies. I believe that as soon as this lesson is learned, the fear of pandemic suffering will disappear and ease will once again be given to humans. 

I remember the words from traditions, when Allah destroyed many tribes and nations before this, because of disobedience. And if Allah wanted to, humans could easily be replaced by another creation of intelligent beings. 

We are suppose to rise above our desires and use our heightened abilities to exist and coexist as a part of Allah’s creations,

to improve, appreciate and take care of this earth and our environment before we destroy it with foolishness and greed. 

As I watch the few people at the Ka’abah, I can’t help but weep at this realization. 


lorrainenur@2/2021

1 comment:

Wide Eyed said...

Inshallah, souls awaken.