Translate

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The children are our future


My time is precious. With everything I have done in my life, so far, I feel being a mother is the best experience for me. I have spent a lot of time with my children this last week. It is amazing how much of myself I see in each one. Their diversified personalities are a challenge in itself, to sort them at each process of their development, always keeping mutual respect dominant in our interactions, these children have the abilities to absorb so much. My oldest daughter is a teen with many moods, alternating from so funny to most serious or ultimately grumpy. It all makes her very unique. In her own independence she attempts to create her world with her brand tag everywhere, her aura and charisma is infectious. I am her mother as I am also her friend and greatest supporter for whatever she would like to endeavour , as a leader and talented child. The second and third children are away on a school camping trip for three days, allowing them the confidence and trust to go, and enjoy themselves, whilst learning responsibility. The youngest two, a definite pair of cheeky boys, with twinkles in their eyes and charming smiles, humourous personalities to match. My sons are wonderful and handsome, in their lives as brothers, I see an awesome bond which they have, and I feel so grateful and proud. My daughters are opposites in looks , sometimes they clash as sisters often do, but their sense of humour bonds them ,and their laughter energises their surroundings, making them attractive and fun to be around.
I am a devoted mother, attempting my best, as my children live apart from me, so with whatever time I get daily to spend with them, I try to inculcate the best behaviour and character lessons, but mostly I am wary and stern about the fundamental Islamic knowledge they need to learn and apply within their daily scope of life. A true challenge, yet with love and devotion, with consistence, I feel and see a great impact and difference, having constant guidance from me, their mother. This is necessary for their development in the world where faith is lacking, and there are so many distractions in life regarding spirituality. I keep the faith that they will become prepared for adulthood with adequate tools to face the challenges life will serve.
Children are a reflection of their upbringing of their parents. I would hope that my children will bring forth more positivity, love,light and peace in their approach to life and whoever they meet, will take away with them, a small light of hope, comfort and pleasure.

~LorraineNur

No comments: