Translate

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Normative theories

Normative ethics: Virtue ethics: meta-ethics: descriptive ethics: so many branches of philosophical ethics. There is room for acceptance and communications regarding morality, values; prescriptive or descriptive.clip_image002

As one evolves, under various rigours that this century is challenging us with; challenges which are self-imposed. Challenges which have been determined by society itself; should we not be able to accept thought diversity, which is also taught by scholars based on none other than their own assimilation of what is morally correct or incorrect, should we not then be able to be independent in our own free will to act upon what we say and do and be respected for it?

Why is this blog materialising? I have been inundated by criticism for over a year. All my life, I have been facing challenging situations which have molded me to who and what I am, which I believe is an evolved soul. In my recent commitment, I have had many discussions within many topics, all of which have been a target to banter , debate to prove me wrong, although my choices are recognised and "respected" I have been "educated" that I am always normative.

Not being a student or scholar of any one profession, neither al I schooled in psychology, I am naturally attracted to this topic as well as law, amongst various other subjects which interest me, which I wholesomely put to good use and try to to improve my life. This is prescriptive and descriptive way of living for me. Yet, I have still been coagulated as normative and been placed in a container of a person with no proper or strong , firm or consistent principles which I do not adhere to. Now, I start to study the source and subject of these remarks. I am not recognised neither am I utilised as an intelligent being. Am I such that all these years, I have been living wrongly? That for all my exposure and experiences in life, withstanding abuse and fighting for personal independence and facing fears, have all been to no avail? How depressing would that be?

I start to introspect, perhaps I made "mistakes", where for the subject, there can be no room for mistakes, calculate  and take no risks. Aha! Point one, ticked! I am a risk taker, daring but not foolish! Prepared to bear the circumstances of my actions.

Changes: I am not the same as I was 20 years ago, and hopefully as life evolves, so shall I, therefore I will be able to be aware and in charge of me in the NOW! Aha! Point two: subject is till stuck within the confinements of his own self worth based on thinking of people dead over 50 years.

Rationality: This depends on what our reality is. Mine is diversified. Hence, seems contradictive and inconsistent. We are consistent with what we create in our environment and within our circle only with things we can have control over. Outside changes may influence one's perception of how to re-act. Basically, being responsible for one's actions not matter the ordeal, problem or situation. Flexibility of the descriptive ethics, the scope of morals are wide.

Religious ethics: As I base most of my thought system on my chosen faith. I feel I am rightly guided, still with freedom to choose my paths of decision. Aha! Subject does not have one of these...neither is subject assuming to be atheist. Although many of subject's thoughts are based on intellects with religious views and faith they adhere to. Isn't that contradictive? Or is it choice?

In this short analysis, I must come to a conclusion. I have allowed myself a period of exposure to the thought patterns of self claimed intellectuals, who I have concluded, are great at reorganizing and applying old school thoughts, been able to "predict" outcomes from readable events based on facts and figures, yet , when it comes to personifying the mentors they uphold, it falls short, when people like myself challenge the "system".

In this New Age. where theories of Indigo and Crystals, psychic awakenings, the meta-physical can all be explained, how then can anyone function using theories of others who have departed this Earth so many years ago and understand this new era? In my view, unless, one holds onto, in my belief ,the anti-ageing theories of Al Qur'an, synonymous with muslims and Islam, applying and learning the attributes within, learning from it's history, personifying it's Author, it's messenger and all it encompasses, without being a religious buff; a book with so many knowledge imparted and revelations proven with technology , only now! 

I may be normative in my limited ability to properly describe what I intend to say, but surely I am describing and prescribing something which I know, works.

~Lorraine Nur~

No comments: