Translate

Friday, October 14, 2011

Men ,women and money.

pebbles1

Just a few days ago, I was so happy with positive outcomes.Happy to have friends helping friends in need.The true atmosphere of sincere friendship prevailing.We need to always be in a positive attitude and frame of mind to balance life with all circumstances.


I am always astonished when others choose to act in ways that make no sense, a lack of respect to commitment or playing with the definition of commitment from all levels. Why am I always faced with similar adversities within a circle of friends or acquaintances, that I initially perceive as suitable, a situational development exposes another side which repels and has a negative effect on me? I can't explain how it happens but when it does I get irritated enough to cut ties.I guess knowing what I want and need is vital to my balance in life.I have learnt, I need to be in control so this balance is what I share. Unfortunately for those that divide us by activating defense mechanisms and rebuttals, defying and misunderstanding.
Are there people who actually have an inbuilt program that they would seek to harness a person , then once latched on, proceed to thrive on the "need them" factor, to direct or manipulate? Do some people feed of this dependence of others on them?
In the beginning of any relationship, this trust factor is important as everything about how this relationship turns out depends on all variables of trust.

 
Future partners always discuss major life issues, one especially of finances. It is not rude to ask. Life is based on reality. Money issues are real. Lack of it, creates disturbance , and to get by requires hard work. Bills to pay, sustenance to purchase and all else. A home, a place to stay, all real issues to discuss.


I was faced by a predicament, when I asked a suitor about this and it resulted in a big misunderstanding and shunning the topic, ignoring my calls and messages, all because he did not have access to what he thought I was demanding, and perhaps to make himself feel better, decided that I was being materialistic. I took great offense to this accusation. I tried to vindicate myself, making my points to no avail, so I left it. I really am not the rich divorcee who needs a man in my life and have the means to support him.Neither do I agree with a situation to that effect. I completely believe that a man should be able to provide better as there are roles each plays in a relationship.
I have so many complexities in my life structure, I just need to have a decent partner, who shares the same faith, who understands and is patient with my exuberance and sometimes over active joviality, someone balanced in mind and spirit. Someone who also can share the burden of finances. Men have pride that are too high at times that it creates a "tunnel vision" a women are made to seem, bossy.
This is not the case, women have an inbuilt God given mechanism to protect , an instinct of survival.


Then there is the case of dreams as opposed to realities. Actions as opposed to just words. Proof is in the pudding as someone used to say. Justification of not "loving" worldly goods, being non-materialistic in todays' world is a whole lot of nonsense. In our hearts we are not prioritising materialistic needs, we are not choosing avariciousness yet we do need to consider the financial aspects.
I know many single and financially secure women with lovely and sweet hearts that have been taken advantage of by such men with no sense of dignity or self-worth. Women who are prone to these “abuses” must become stronger to avoid getting hurt. And not be so gullible in matters of LOVE

I am hoping that with this openness, women will become better prepared and aware of this situation.


~LorraineNur~

No comments: