Translate

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Nature and us

The childrens' smiles and laughter are the most important.

I glow each time my children and I have such an awesome day. Today, they had wondrous fun on a banana boat dragged by a jet ski. clip_image002

They fell off in the middle of the sea and climbed back on again. They fly over the waters when they are on the jet skis, they show admirable courage and skill. A true freedom is experienced when one can achieve in extreme sports , especially at such young ages. Enjoying and having good times together, makes very precious memories. It binds and also increases self confidence.

The ride out to the island takes about 20 minutes by boat. Sometimes, the children use the jet skis back and forth to the mainland. I went on a jet ski for the second time in my life today, I also paddled in a small canoe and I swam in the sea. All this outdoors activities really invigorate me. The children love being outdoors getting rid of excess energy but also absorbing good negative ions , releasing the bad positive ions which cling to out body from the electronic devices we are exposed to every day.

clip_image004

I love sitting on the deck of the boat and feeling the waves crashing against the hull, looking towards the sea and meeting the sky, watching the sunset as the winds blow and the waves spray water. The scenery is never the same, the colours of the water and sky merge, with a yellow sunset. Oh! how amazing is nature.

I am experiencing life with a humble attitude and grateful thanks for being able to appreciate the amazing feeling of bonding with nature, sea, sky, sun and winds. I welcome the refreshing change from tall buildings, enclosed premises and smog.

I am looking forward to more boat trips to other islands further away, this part of Indonesia seems to suit me the best. There are 105 islands on a 45km stretch, all with blue water and white sand beaches. Most are uninhabited, some are resorts, some are private owned and some still have villages of fishermen living there.

I want to dive into the deep sea and relish the water and see the fishes as well as the coral reefs. The North waters are a protected natural environmental sea habitat.

clip_image006

No comments: