Translate

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Singapore re-visited , 2011

 

I had a wonderful flight with Lufthansa, their business class is great. On this trip, I decided to treat myself, firstly because I haven't travelled in over a year and next, recuperating from a quite stressful period in the last few months. 

At he Soekarno-Hatta airport, my treatment as a 'queen" began, with priority check in, they were great! I didn't have to queue, they took care of my luggage, immigration was so elegant, it gave the man behind the desk a sense of honour to work there I'm sure, went throught to the lounge and waited for boarding. It was pleasant.

 sleep but happy to radak! And Barley juice

On board, I had a seat in the first row beside the window,wow! it reminded me of first class ages ago. I can't think what travelling first class must be like. It took me a while to figure out the seat, so many buttons to push and try out! pressing...pressing, ooohhh the chair moves into a bed position, how awesome...hahahahah I felt a right Mr.Bean!

Upon arrival at Singapore, I had a thought to check into a hotel, so the next day to the Indonesian Embassy would be easier. I approached the Tour Desk, unfortunately, the crotchety old lady serving, was getting a knickers in a knot, from her trainee being late coming back. As she was serving the China national family ahead of me, whle nagging, I thought it quite rude, and said so! I requested that she just help us get rooms, as it was late and we were tired, and continue their argument later! To my surprise, she did not take notice of us, I decided to go to my parents instead! That was a surprise for me, as usually Singaporeans are not like that! Well, she was upset because she was late going back, but still...it was not in good taste. I was not about to let that ruin my  Jamons, it's ecstasy!

I arrived at my parents' place and was welcomed , it was nice to be home.

I stayed up all night, till morning, I still could not sleep, so dreary person took herself off to the Embassy like a zombie, squinting to keep the eyes open and yawning like a bear, accompanied so sweetly by my sister's husband. Poor lady from Bolivia , she was frustrated with Embassy staff, she was ahead of me, as I was nearly falling over from lack of sleep, I waited till my turn. the Embassy staff, a local, was also "garang" with this lady, poor thing. I was wondering, maybe it's the full moon making all these ladies crotchety. Taking a stroll to the shops

I had a nice brunch after, went home and slept. During the trip to the Embassy, I felt a need to book a hotel, I have no credit cards ( my bad habits of old!) so I had the gracious help of a dear friend to book one for me; Mum came and is now sleeping while I write this note. In a nice comfortable bed, all wrapped up! perhaps it's too cold!

We had a nice, mother daughter evening. Can't remember when the last time I slept with my Ma! hahahahha 

We went to Mustofa Centre, a great shopping place with loads of "barang-barang", you can spend a fortune there. heheheh.... At least I got what I wanted and more in one place. 

We ate across the street in one of the Indian restaurants, I was famished! The dish I ordered was a multi mix of curries, yoghurt, papadam, chapati and rice. Mum had Briyani. We each ordered ginger tea, which came in an odd looking way, a small cup half filled within a half filled bowl! I looked at the waiter in bemused confusion, as if to say, so,"Vat do I do vith dis?" ...shaking my head and slightly waving my hand, aca yes I did that... My mother nearly slapped me! Yorrrrrr, vatelse to say? He took it and tarik lah the teh in front of me...hahhahahaha so funny! I did the same then for Mum's but of course his tarik was higher than mine! 

Oh what fun! then the food came....... stop talking , makan time! Wow!!! Mmmm....oh the different tastes, my tastebuds were having such a sensational time, damn bloody shiok!!!!!Damn bloody shiokers!!!OMG! I ate it all!

I could imagine my mother saying," alamak, my daughter like din eat for years!" (hahahahah)

It was the second meal of the day and so delish!

Since, I am in a Central location, I am hoping I can meet some friends while I am here. So, do contact me yarrr! 

I leave on Friday, 16th for Jakarta. It is going to be a very nice holiday! 

Peace, Love N Light!

Pretending to be a Bollywood star! Hahahah so many Indians.

No comments: